If your stomach feels full and tight all the time, and you also experience the present of gas in your stomach, then most probably you are suffering from abdominal bloating (or distension)! Abdominal bloating can be caused by a number of factors, notably, constipation, overeating, lactose intolerance, difficulty in passing bowels; irritable bowel syndrome, etc. In this article I will discuss some of the most effective remedies for stomach bloating!
Those who suffer from bloating go through terrible stomach pains after eating a decent-sized meal. As a matter of fact, usually it is women who suffer more from bloating and stomach pain than men; a lot of women attribute this to their menstrual cycles.
So can you do in order to get immediate relief from abdominal bloating?
1. Pass Gas: I admit that this is not something you can do in public, but let us say that you are suffering from a severe stomach pain while working in your office, in which case, you could take a short break, go to the restroom, and pass gas there. Personally, I have achieved great relief from this “bad” habit!
2. Take Probiotics: Bloating is often the result of the destruction of good bacteria by antibiotics. Antibiotics are administered to kill the “bad” bacteria, but a lot of ‘friendly’ bacteria too get killed in the process; since these ‘friendly’ bacteria are responsible for the proper digestion of food in our body, it is no wonder that in their absence, our digestive system gets messy, and we suffer from an increased amount of acidity and pain in your stomach. While there are a lot of probiotic supplements available over-the-counter, I personally prefer the good old natural yogurt!
3. Acupuncture: You would probably think that I am crazy; after all, acupuncture would be the last thing one would undergo for stomach pain relief – who in their right mind wants to bear the additional pain of needles, right? RELAX! The days of the ‘traditional method’ of acupuncture are over! You can now enjoy all the benefits of acupuncture right at home, thanks to the invention of Energy Point Stimulators, a series of tiny handheld devices that let one undergo acupuncture right within the comfort of their home – without the use of dangerous needles or having to go through a twelve-week long treatment!
Traditionally, acupuncture has been used for treating different kinds of stomach problems; even to this day, people undergo acupuncture in order to relieve themselves of belly bloating, abdominal bloating, distention, etc.
4. Go on a Raw-food Diet: Believe it or not, one of the root causes behind a bloated stomach is the fact that we cook our food, instead of eating it raw. Unlike raw food which is digested very easily by our body, cooked food is not only devoid of all the essential nutrients and enzymes required by the body, they also take a long time to digest. When your digestion process gets slow, the process of formation and passing of bowels becomes slower (with a raw food diet, not only you would be able to pass bowels faster, your bowels should also be devoid of the typical foul odor). Future bowel absorption would take an even longer time, making the condition worse for you!
If you are a non-vegetarian, it is no wonder that you suffer from stomach bloating; after all, meat is one of the hardest things to digest, and cooked meat takes even longer to digest!
I know that the mention of ‘raw food’ makes you yuck; however, I am not asking you to go “raw” permanently! How about following the raw food diet for just a month? If you don’t feel like it, you can always go back to your regular meal (deep inside my heart, I know that you will be relieved from your abdominal problems to such an extent that you would refuse to eat anything other than raw food)!
The second thing you can do, especially if your abdominal bloating is often followed by gas and rumbling in stomach, is to get help from homeopathy. Lycopodium is one of the medicines frequently recommended for relief from bloating! As a matter of fact, Lycopodium works great even for those who have very large appetites (so that they wake up in the middle of their sleep and start binge-eating) or extremely small appetites (those who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome no matter how little they eat)!
5. Herbal Tea: Many people believe that flatulence is characterized by breaking the wind or ‘farting’ as it is most commonly called. First off, you cannot fart in public without being the butt of others’ jokes (which is why I suggested doing it in an isolated area); secondly, even if you fart or go to the toilet frequently, you can still be unable to get rid of the non-stop, irritating abdominal pain that keep increasing at every intake of food you have and seems to be immune to almost any kind of remedy you throw at it! In fact, abdominal pain can be so distressful that it may be impossible for you to eat or even sleep properly!
One remedy that works wonders for temporary relief from stomach pain is a cup of warm, herbal tea. The warmth of the tea offers you a soothing and comfortable feeling, something that you can also achieve by compressing warm water around the ‘painful’ area of your stomach!
Mail this post